Staffvetting are perfectly placed to implement a pre-employment screening service covering BPSS for any size organisation. Contact our team today to discuss how we can help you.
Our BPSS Screening service includes:
- Free setup and access to our secure Online Application System
- HR users are given logins to a Client Console.
- Create applicants, approve applications, track progress of applications.
- All applicants are sent login details to their own User Console.
- Support team available for help and advice.
BPSS full vetting of applicant to include the following checks;
- Written three year employment verification
- Current Address verification
- ID verification (visa, passport, work permits)
- Basic criminality check
- Nationality and Right to Work visa verification
- Verification of any necessary qualifications if applicable
- Staffvetting Screening Report
BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standard) level screening is mandatory for all entry-level government positions. Both the Cabinet Office and the Centre for Protection of National Infrastructure (CPNI) recognise the importance not only of pre-employment vetting but also of enlisting an appropriate organisation to conduct it (especially if the correct types of checks cannot be conducted in-house).
CPNI has issued a best practice guide to pre-employment screening which states that “Pre-employment screening is a fundamentally important element of any personnel security regime”. It also goes on to say that “The guide has been written for organisations that own or operate assets, services and systems which form part of the UK Critical National Infrastructure (CNI) and therefore have a responsibility for pre-employment screening.”
Sectors classed as part of the UK Critical Infrastructure:
- Emergency services
- Government and public services