Staffvetting.com are the UK’s leaders in providing quality assured BPSS screening.
We are NSI Gold Accredited and are perfectly placed to implement BPSS checks to all industry sectors that require this level of screening.
With over 20 years of experience, we can offer true expertise in providing this service to any size of organization.
BPSS SCREENING INCLUDES:
BPSS security clearance checks are mandatory for all entry-level government positions and include:
- 5-year address history
- Basic DBS check – unspent criminal record check
- Identity – this also includes Sanctions, Politically Exposed Persons, HM Treasury and Specially Designated Nationals checks.
- 3-year Career History – including verifying any gaps in career history over 31 days.
- Right to work – we check the applicant has a valid proof of Right to Work in the UK.
WHAT IS BPSS SCREENING?
BPSS stands for Baseline Personnel Security Standard and any individual with any access to government assets will need a BPSS check. This includes civil servants, members of the armed forces, temporary staff in government department and contractors.
What is BPSS security clearance?
BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standard) is a basic level of security clearance in the UK. It involves identity verification, employment history checks, and basic criminal record checks. It is typically required for individuals accessing non-sensitive government or corporate information.
- allows access to UK OFFICIAL assets and occasional access to UK SECRET assets
- is needed to work in areas where SECRET and TOP SECRET information may be overheard.
- is for people who require access to the Public Services Network (PSN).
WHO IS BPSS SCREENING FOR?
Both the Cabinet Office and the Centre for Protection of National Infrastructure (CPNI) recognise the importance not only of security clearance checks, but also of enlisting an appropriate and properly accredited organisation to conduct it (especially if the correct types of checks cannot be conducted in-house).
CPNI have issued a best practice guide to security clearance screening which states that “Pre-employment screening is a fundamentally important element of any personnel security regime”.
It also goes on to say that, “The guide has been written for organisations that own or operate assets, services and systems which form part of the UK Critical National Infrastructure (CNI) and therefore have a responsibility for pre-employment screening.”
You can find out more about BPSS checks on .GOV.UK.
Sectors classed as part of the UK Critical Infrastructure:
- Emergency services
- Government and public services
What is checked in a BPSS Check?
In a BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standard) check, several aspects are typically verified:
- Identity Verification: Confirming the individual’s identity through the examination of official identification documents such as passports or driving licenses.
- Right to Work: Validating the individual’s right to work in the UK, ensuring they meet the necessary immigration requirements.
- Employment History: Verifying the applicant’s employment history, including their previous job roles, companies, and employment dates.
- Criminal Record Check: Conducting a basic criminal record check to identify any unspent convictions or cautions, typically through accessing the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS).
How do I get a BPSS clearance?
To obtain BPSS (Baseline Personnel Security Standard) clearance, the individual’s identity and employment history will be verified, and a basic criminal record check will be conducted. The specific process may vary depending on the organisation or employer requiring the clearance.
ACCEPTABLE DOCUMENTS FOR BPSS SCREENING
Please click on this link to see the official list of Acceptable Documents
APPLICANT SUPPORT FOR BPSS
As well as having a support team in place for our clients we also have a dedicated helpdesk team that can be contacted by email or telephone for your BPSS Applicants.
NEED HELP OR HAVE A QUESTION?
Please visit our FAQ page, we have one for clients and one for applicants. That will hopefully answer any questions you may have.
Alternatively, please contact us on 0191 588 7980 or firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are in need of a quote, please use the Quote Form at the top of this page or click on the button – ENQUIRE NOW. Or if you are needing to talk, please drop us a line. A member of the relevant team will always get back to you as soon as possible.
GET A QUOTE FOR BPSS CHECKS
Staffvetting.com is an NSI Gold Accredited BPSS screening provider. The National Security Inspectorate (NSI) is recognised as the leading certification body for the security and fire protection sectors in the UK. We were the first company to achieve this level (via Nova Risk Management) and are proud to continue to promote quality services and systems.