Enhanced DBS Checks
Enhanced DBS checks from a trusted DBS-approved provider
We provide a fast*, simple and quality-assured Enhanced DBS checks at a competitive price. Onboarding within 24 hours, we offer a pilot service to allow you to test and operate the system without long-term commitment, and pay only for the checks you process.
We also provide full training, user manuals and friendly support to every client and applicant. If you’re looking for Basic DBS checks, please see our Basic DBS checks page instead.
- Call our friendly Customer Support Team on 0191 5887980 or get a quote today!
* The fastest time we have received an electronic confirmation of an applicant’s DBS result once a valid completed application form has been submitted to DBS is three minutes and forty seconds. Most applications being processed using this new online system are being completed within one day compared to the five-ten days previously.
What is an enhanced DBS check?
An enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check is a thorough criminal record check that includes information about both spent and unspent convictions, cautions, reprimands, and warnings. It is typically required for positions involving regular contact with vulnerable individuals, such as children or vulnerable adults.
How long does an enhanced DBS check take?
The processing time for an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check can vary, but it generally takes around 4 to 8 weeks to complete. However, this timeframe can be influenced by factors such as the complexity of the check and the responsiveness of external organisations.
What does an enhanced DBS check show?
An enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check shows both spent and unspent convictions, cautions, reprimands, and warnings, providing a comprehensive overview of an individual’s criminal record. It also includes any relevant information held by local police forces or other government agencies.
How to get enhanced DBS check?
To obtain an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check, an individual must apply through an employer or an organisation eligible to request DBS checks. The applicant needs to complete the necessary application forms, provide required identification documents, and follow the process guided by the employer or organisation.
Enhanced DBS checks process:
- The “Sponsor” (our Client) creates an application – making sure the applicant meets the eligibility criteria – and the applicant receives an email inviting them to complete the application form.
- The Applicant completes the application and submits it, with their consent, to the Client for review.
- The Client checks the application – The Client must check the Applicant’s identity and address documents and personal information are valid before submitting it to Staff Vetting e.g.:
- Full name
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Current address
- Email address
- Mobile number
- Client submits it to Staff Vetting – The Staffvetting team will review the application and check the eligibility for the Enhanced DBS check. If we find anything amiss or need extra information or clarity, we will return the application to the Client for consideration and amending.
- We countersign it – Once the application form is correct and valid, we will countersign it and submit it to DBS for processing.
- Digital Results – The digital result is viewable in our screening portal and shows either: “Certificate contains no information”, which means no adverse information has been found. Or, it will say, “Please view the certificate”, which means a conviction has been found and will only be listed on the paper certificate for data protection.
- Paper Certificate – The DBS will post the Enhanced DBS paper certificate to the applicant’s current home address upon completion. They will not send it to the Client. If the Client wishes to see a copy of the certificate they will need to ask the Applicant directly.
Important to know about Enhanced DBS checks:
- We are a DBS-approved Registered Umbrella Body providing Enhanced DBS Checks.
- DBS might contact the Applicant directly if they need them to clarify anything at any point during the process, or if they need to provide more documents or alternative evidence.
- We make no judgments about an applicant’s suitability for the role for which they are applying. That is the Client’s responsibility.
- There are strict eligibility rules regarding Enhanced DBS checks, so you must ensure that your applicants are eligible for them before applying. It is the Client’s legal responsibility to ensure they are applying for the correct type of disclosure; no refunds can be issued after the application process has commenced, but we will always help you decide which check is applicable.
- Find out more about the eligibility rules for Standard and Enhanced DBS checks here.
- We also have a strict Mutual Respect Policy in place which seeks to treat everyone we work with, with kindness, dignity and respect.
What documents do i need for an enhanced DBS check?
To apply for an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check in the UK, you typically need the following documents:
- Proof of identity: Valid passport, driving license, or other official identification documents.
- Proof of address: Utility bills, bank statements, or any official documents that display your current address.
- National Insurance number: Providing your National Insurance number is usually required for the application.
- Additional documentation: Depending on the specific requirements of the organisation or employer, they may request additional documents, such as birth certificates or marriage certificates.
Who can apply for an enhanced DBS check?
Employers or organizations that have a legitimate legal requirement can apply for an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check on behalf of an individual. It is typically done for positions involving regular contact with vulnerable groups, such as children or vulnerable adults.
How much is an enhanced DBS check?
The average cost of an enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) check in the UK is around £40 to £60, excluding any administrative fees charged by employers or organiSations facilitating the check.
CODES OF PRACTICE & POLICIES
As an official Registered Organisation (for Basic DBS checks) and Responsible Body (for Standard and Enhanced DBS checks) we are legally obliged to follow the DBS Code of Conduct and adhere to its privacy policies.
This also applies to carrying out checks via AccessNI and Disclosure Scotland for applicants in Northern Ireland and Scotland.