Our BS7858 screening checks are quality assured and carried out by our team of highly trained screening officers on time, using the right process and to the correct standard.
Having your employees screened to BS7858 allows you to provide assurances to your customers, employees, Board, regulators, and auditors that you have taken the right steps to reduce the risk of data breaches and hiring someone who shouldn’t be handling personal, confidential and sensitive data.
BS7858 screening includes:
- ID check
- 5 or 10 Year Career History (including education and gap periods)
- Basic DBS Check
- Consumer Information Check
- CCJ check
- Insolvency check
- IVA check
- Directorship check
- Global Watchlist check (fraud and financial sanctions checks)
- SIA licence check (if applicable)
- Right to Work Check
- 5-Year Address Verification
- Name history since birth check
- Optional extra: Pre-Employment checks for the last three years’ employment
What is BS7858 screening?
BS7858 screening is the best practice procedure published by the British Standards Institution.
It is the background screening (vetting) of individuals employed in an environment where the security and safety of people, goods or property is a requirement of the employing organisation and/or where such security screening is in the public and/or corporate interest.
We are NSI Gold accredited for ISO9001 and NCP11 for BS7858 screening. We are also ISO27001 accredited for Information Security through ACM.
We implement BS7858:2019 Screening Standard for all Applicants. The BS7858 code of practice has been revised and several important changes have been made, including the removal of character references. The BS7858 standard now places a much stronger emphasis on applicants to supply documentation to verify each period of their career history at the start of the process, as well as several other changes. If you would like to speak to our team about the changes, or have any questions, please email email@example.com and we will respond as quickly as possible.
WHY BS7858 SCREENING?
BS7858 screening is more comprehensive than other UK standard screenings. It involves a more rigorous process to ensure employers have a peace of mind that the people they are employing are trustworthy.
Our team have extensive knowledge and experience with BS7858 screening. They will provide a comprehensive service to ensure appropriate screening is completed while maintaining the quality and robustness of the checks.
WHO IS BS7858 SCREENING FOR?
Although BS7858 originates from the security industry, screening employees to BS7858 is widely used throughout the UK and overseas within the Finance, Insurance, Banking, Healthcare, Aviation, Education, HR, Facilities Management and IT Industries to mention but a few. In principle, any organisation can have their employees and volunteers screened to BS7858 to improve the quality of their service, or comply with regulation, compliance standards or laws that require a higher level of due diligence.
Acceptable Documents for BS7858 Screening
We can only accept documents on the official list of Acceptable Documents.
Documents you can provide include:
- Driving licence
- Birth certificate
- Council Tax Bill
- Bank statements
- Utility bill (not for a mobile)
- PAYE records – the best evidence for career history
Other acceptable documents include:
- P45 or P60
- Employment contract/letter
- Accountant’s statements
- Invoices to clients (for the self-employed)
- Self-assessment tax returns
- Educational qualification certificates
Important to know about BS7858 screening
- Filling in the application is only the first step. We will contact Applicants directly several times throughout the screening process to ask them to provide more information or documents in addition to what they provided in their application.
- Preparation and accuracy is critical – incorrect dates, names and addresses always cause delays to the screening process.
- We make no judgments about an applicant’s suitability for the role for which they are applying. That is the Client’s responsibility.
- We are obliged to follow the British Standard with respect to how we carry out the checks and what evidence is acceptable to meet the Standard.
- The screening process is always carried out with the Applicant’s full consent and no one contacted during the screening is legally obliged to respond to our requests to provide information in support of an application.
- We have a strict Mutual Respect Policy in place which seeks to treat everyone we work with, with kindness, dignity and respect.
- PAYE records are an excellent form of evidence – we strongly advise Applicants to download their PAYE records before they fill in their application form.
Need help or have a question?Enquire Today
Staffvetting.com is an NSI Gold Accredited BS7858 screening provider. The National Security Inspectorate (NSI) is recognised as the leading certification body for the security and fire protection sectors in the UK. We were the first company to achieve this level (via Nova Risk Management) and are proud to continue to promote quality services and systems.