Why carry out BS7858 screening?
BS7858 screening allows sufficient information to be obtained to enable organisations to make an informed decision about employing an individual in a secure environment. It does not cover other processes such as Right to Work status or competency for the role.
BS7858 screening is the best practice procedure published by the British Standards Institution. It is the background screening (vetting) of individuals employed in an environment where the security and safety of people, goods or property is a requirement of the employing organisation’s operations and/or where such security screening is in the public and/or corporate interest.
BS7858 SCREENING INCLUDES:
- 5 or 10 Year Written Career History
- Basic DBS Criminality Check
- Credit Search (Consumer Information Check)
- ID Verification and Right to Work Check
- 5-Year Address Verification
- Optional extra: Pre-Employment checks for the last three years’ employment