How do I raise a dispute about my DBS check?

< All Topics
You are here:

How do I raise a dispute about my DBS check?

You can raise a dispute directly with the DBS using your online DBS account.

  • You need to do that within 3 months of the date of the certificate.

You can raise a dispute about the content of your basic certificate if any of the following apply:

  • personal information is incorrect, such as a name or place of birth
  • incorrect information regarding conviction details
  • the conviction details do not belong to you

Please also this web page about disputing a mistake on your Basic DBS certificate for more detailed advice.

If you don’t have an online account, please see the letter you received from DBS about your check – it contains the details on how to create your online account.

Previous How can I withdraw my consent?
Next How frequently should we screen or re-screen?
Table of Contents