How do I raise a dispute about my DBS check?
You can raise a dispute directly with the DBS using your online DBS account.
- You need to do that within 3 months of the date of the certificate.
You can raise a dispute about the content of your basic certificate if any of the following apply:
- personal information is incorrect, such as a name or place of birth
- incorrect information regarding conviction details
- the conviction details do not belong to you
Please also this web page about disputing a mistake on your Basic DBS certificate for more detailed advice.
If you don’t have an online account, please see the letter you received from DBS about your check – it contains the details on how to create your online account.
- If you don’t have that letter, please log on to this government DBS web page for advice or call the DBS on 0300 0200 190.