What documents can you accept in my screening application form?
For criminal background checks, you can use the ID and address documents listed here.
For BPSS and BS7858 screening, we can only accept documents on the official list of Acceptable Documents. And all documents should be in English where possible. If we have to translate them, this may delay your screening and start date.
Essential documents to provide:
- Driving licence
- Birth certificate
- PAYE records – the best evidence for your career history – download them for free here.
- Council Tax Bill
- Bank statement* – dated within the last 3 months
- Utility bill (not for a mobile) – dated within the last 3 months
Other acceptable documents include:
- P45 or P60
- Employment contract/letter
- Accountant’s statements
- Invoices to clients (for the self-employed)
- Self-assessment tax returns
- Educational qualification certificates
*You can black out your outgoing payments and total balance from your bank statements.