Standard and Enhanced DBS Checks – For Businesses and Organisations
Are you looking for an Umbrella Body to provide Standard and Enhanced DBS checks?
We provide a fast*, simple and quality-assured Standard and Enhanced DBS checks at a competitive price. Onboarding within 24 hours, we offer a pilot service to allow you to test and operate the system without long-term commitment, and pay only for the checks you process. We also provide full training, user manuals and friendly support to every client and applicant. If you’re looking for Basic DBS checks, please see our Basic DBS checks page instead.
- Call our friendly Customer Support Team on 0191 5887980 or get a quote today!
* The fastest time we have received an electronic confirmation of an applicant’s criminality result once a valid completed application form has been submitted to DBS is three minutes and forty seconds. Most applications being processed using this new online system are being completed within one day compared to the five-ten days previously.
Standard and Enhanced DBS checks process:
- The “Sponsor” (our Client) creates an application – making sure the applicant meets the eligibility criteria – and the applicant receives an email inviting them to complete the application form.
- The Applicant completes the application and submits it, with their consent, to the Client for review.
- The Client checks the application – The Client must check the Applicant’s identity and address documents and personal information are valid before submitting it to Staff Vetting e.g.:
- Full name
- Date of Birth
- Place of Birth
- Current address
- Email address
- Mobile number
- Client submits it to Staff Vetting – The Staffvetting team will review the application and check the eligibility for the Standard or Enhanced DBS check. If we find anything amiss or need extra information or clarity, we will return the application to the Client for consideration and amending.
- We countersign it – Once the application form is correct and valid, we will countersign it and submit it to DBS for processing.
- Digital Results – The digital result is viewable in our screening portal and shows either: “Certificate contains no information”, which means no adverse information has been found. Or, it will say, “Please view the certificate”, which means a conviction has been found and will only be listed on the paper certificate for data protection.
- Paper Certificate – The DBS will post the Standard or Enhanced DBS paper certificate to the applicant’s current home address upon completion. They will not send it to the Client. If the Client wishes to see a copy of the certificate they will need to ask the Applicant directly.
Important to know about Standard and Enhanced DBS checks:
- DBS might contact the Applicant directly if they need them to clarify anything at any point during the process, or if they need to provide more documents or alternative evidence.
- We make no judgments about an applicant’s suitability for the role for which they are applying. That is the Client’s responsibility.
- There are strict eligibility rules regarding Standard and Enhanced DBS checks, so you must ensure that your applicants are eligible for them before applying. It is the Client’s legal responsibility to ensure they are applying for the correct type of disclosure; no refunds can be issued after the application process has commenced, but we will always help you decide which check is applicable.
- Find out more about the eligibility rules for Standard and Enhanced DBS checks here.
- We also have a strict Mutual Respect Policy in place which seeks to treat everyone we work with, with kindness, dignity and respect.
CODES OF PRACTICE & POLICIES
As an official Registered Organisation (for Basics) and Responsible Body (for Standard and Enhanced) we are legally obliged to follow the DBS Code of Conduct and adhere to its privacy policies.
This also applies to carrying out checks via AccessNI and Disclosure Scotland for applicants in Northern Ireland and Scotland.